What is a Common Error in MT4?
Occasionally, errors in the MT4 platform may be noticed. One of the most frequent errors is off quotes MT4 error. We can often see “Common error” (error number 2) in the Metatrader platform.
An MT4 common error in the lower-left corner of the Metatrader platform is a signal error indicating that there is a connection problem (slow internet connection or no connection) between the Metatrader platform and the server account.
How to fix MT4 Common error on Desktop and MT4 Common error iOS:
1) Check the internet connection. There can be a problem with Wi-Fi or cable internet or some anti-virus software for some time. Any Internet security programs block the internet connection of Metatrader and the online server. “Common error” and “off quotes” in MT4 are the most common errors.
2) Enter the username, password, and IP server address when you log in to Metatrader. If the internet connection is fine, then the problem is login parameters. If username and password are OK, very often, the problem is the server IP address.
Inter to pick “Real 1” or “Demo” server, you need to put full IP address (hotforex IP addresses example ).
See our youtube video about mt4 common error and our instructions:
How to Login
Step 1: Open your MetaTrader 4 terminal.
Step 2: Click on the file at the top left corner of the platform.
Step 3: Select login.
Step 4: Enter your login details.
Step 5: Enter the IP address (ask your broker for IP if you do not know) in the ‘server’ field.
Step 6: Click login.
If you do not have an IP address, ask broker support to give you. Just ask them, for example: “What is IP for Live 4 server? Then, they will help you.
We can often see this when we have a problem logging in to the Metatrader account.
Common error Mt4 we can see on desktop computers and Common error mt4 app problem on mobile phones. The solution is the same. The user needs to check the internet connection, username, password, or IP and then connect without error.
How to fix the MT4 Common Error message if login details and server IP are correct?
In the case log in details are correct Common error can be fixed in this way:
- Close all charts in MetaTrader and close the platform.
- Restart the PC and then check do you have an excellent internet connection (for example, speed-test by Ookla and check internet connection quality using packet loss test).
- Disable the antivirus program in a few minutes to check the MetaTrader platform, in case the antivirus blocks MetaTrader software.
- Run the MetaTrader platform and try to log in.
- If it doesn’t work again, try to create a new demo account and log in. If you succeed, then the problem is the login parameter.
- Ask for help from your broker and ask again for server IP. Sometimes, different server IPs will solve the problem.
Operation parameters MT4
Sometimes because of a slow internet connection, traders can get in MetaTrader “Common error please verify operation parameters and try again later.” In this case, you need to fix the internet connection or change the login IP. It would help if you asked your broker support to give you new IP for login. Usually, the problem is with a slow internet connection.
Metatrader 4 troubleshooting – MT4 errors list
Metatrader 4 not responding
Except for “Common problem,” there are a lot of MT4 errors. Please see the list of the most common errors in the Metatrader platform:
|ERR_NO_ERROR||0||No error returned.|
|ERR_NO_RESULT||1||No error returned, but the result is unknown.|
|ERR_INVALID_TRADE_PARAMETERS||3||Invalid trade parameters.|
|ERR_SERVER_BUSY||4||Trade server is busy.|
|ERR_OLD_VERSION||5||Old version of the client terminal.|
|ERR_NO_CONNECTION||6||No connection with trade server.|
|ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_RIGHTS||7||Not enough rights.|
|ERR_TOO_FREQUENT_REQUESTS||8||Too frequent requests.|
|ERR_MALFUNCTIONAL_TRADE||9||Malfunctional trade operation.|
|ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME||131||Invalid trade volume.|
|ERR_MARKET_CLOSED||132||Market is closed.|
|ERR_TRADE_DISABLED||133||Trade is disabled.|
|ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_MONEY||134||Not enough money.|
|ERR_BROKER_BUSY||137||Broker is busy.|
|ERR_ORDER_LOCKED||139||Order is locked.|
|ERR_LONG_POSITIONS_ONLY_ALLOWED||140||Long positions only allowed.|
|ERR_TOO_MANY_REQUESTS||141||Too many requests.|
|ERR_TRADE_MODIFY_DENIED||145||Modification denied because an order is too close to market.|
|ERR_TRADE_CONTEXT_BUSY||146||Trade context is busy.|
|ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED||147||Expirations are denied by broker.|
|ERR_TRADE_TOO_MANY_ORDERS||148||The amount of opened and pending orders has reached the limit set by a broker.|