Metatrader login error is one of the most frequent problems for all traders. This is a widespread problem whether traders use the demo or live accounts.
MetaTrader login problem is an error that occurs in MT4 and MT5 platforms when the user types the wrong username or password or the wrong Metatrader server IP. The problem can be easily fixed because the Metatrader password can be easily changed, and support can quickly provide a MetaTrader IP address. Additionally, if the MetaTrader demo account expires after 30 days, the trader can open a new one.
If you make a mistake and provide the wrong login details, you will see an “Invalid account” message in the bottom right part of the MT4 platform.
How to fix the MetaTrader login problem in MT4?
- Check the internet connection because sometimes username, password, and IP can be correct. However, on your MetaTrader platform, can be a problem with a Wi-Fi connection or cable internet connection or some anti-virus software for some time, or any Internet security programs block the internet connection of Metatrader and the online server.
- Enter the username, password, and IP server address when you log in to Metatrader. Try to copy all letters and numbers without blank spaces. If the internet connection is excellent, then the problem is login parameters. If the username and password are correct, the problem is often the server IP address.
How to Login to MetaTrader
Step 1: Open your MetaTrader 4 or Metatrader 5 terminal.
Step 2: Click on the file at the top left corner of the platform.
Step 3: Select login.
Step 4: Enter your Metatrader account login details.
Step 5: Enter the IP address of the Metatrader platform (ask your broker for IP if you do not know) in the ‘server’ field.
Step 6: Click login.
If you do not have an IP address, ask broker support to give you one. Ask them, for example, “What is IP for the Live 4, Live 1, or Live 3 server? Then, they will help you.
Always check if your demo account has expired and open a new one afterward.
MetaTrader 4 login problem Case Study
In this case study, we collect information about MT4 login problems. We tried to figure out the most common mistake traders make when they want to log into the platform.
Why can’t I log into MetaTrader 4?
You can not log into the MT4 platform because of the wrong password, username, or Live/Demo server account. Additionally, if your broker locks your account because of inactivity or other circumstances, you cannot also log in.
MetaTrader 4 login problem can occur because of one of the following mistakes:
- Wrong username (missing character or copied blank character)
- Incorrect password (missing character or copied blank character)
- Wrong Server IP or wrong server name
- Your MetaTrader demo or live account is archived or closed
The problem exists because when you try copying your username and password from MT4 Mailbox or email, you usually copy HTML code. As a result, you will copy blank characters when you copy the text in HTML code.
For example, the password will get one additional character, and your login details will be wrong. This is the most common error.
The next most common problem is when a critical update happens in MetaTrader 4 platform. Sometimes, you need the complete IP address to set into Server login details instead of only a short Server name so your MT4 account login works.
For example, instead of hotforex.com-demo01, you must put amsterdam1.ls1dc.dcglobalfarm.com:443. You must ask your brokerage company to help you with the server IP. Each account has its server that you need to know.
Usually, when you provide the incorrect login details, you will get an “Invalid account” message in the bottom right part of the MT4 platform.
Based on the forex.in.rs case study, we got the following results:
Traders have log-in problems in the MetaTrader 4 platform:
- 62% of all login problems are caused because a wrong password with a blank character or case-sensitive letters.
- 19% of all login problems are caused by unused accounts (MT4 account expired either demo or live account is archived).
- 9% of all login problems are caused because of the wrong username, usually because of case-sensitive letters.
- 10% of all login problems are caused because the wrong server IP
MT5 login problem
MT5 login problem is caused by the wrong username, password, or server IP. Usually, you will see in the bottom right corner 0 Kb as the sign that you are not logged into the platform and cannot make orders.
See the right bottom area on the image: MT5 login problem.
Metatrader 5 authorization failed error will appear if you use Android or IoS-based terminals if incorrect information is entered during a login attempt. Usually, the error is caused by the wrong blank character in the username or password, the wrong capital letter (letters are case-sensitive), or your account being disabled.
MT5 accounts can be disabled (MetaTrader 5 demo account not working) if you use an MT5 demo account because of the inactivity (more than 30 days) or if your live account is archived and you need to reactivate from the broker’s side.