In financial trading industry there is only one name in the top 10 Richest People in the World and it is Warren Buffet.
In this article I want to compare Warren Buffet and other 9 billionaires. Warren is only trader and investor in this top 10 list. Other 9 billionaires had dominant position or a monopoly of a market at least sometimes in their lives.
The Forbes list of the richest billionaires in the world has many tech mages, and most famous ones are of the technology, as the richest one – Bill Gates – regained the spot number one, from where he was pushed behind for the last couple of years. Microsoft grew which saw Bill becoming once again the richest person in the world with net worth of 76 billion dollars.
Since the last year, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg made highest jump, as his stocks were worth 15 billion, and now they are a bit less than 30 billion dollars. Some other Facebook staff got onto the Forbes list; Sheryl Sandberg and Jeff Rothschild got a push into billionaire zone this year. Due to a deal with facebook, the founders of WhatsApp – Jan Koum and Brian Acton – became billionaires too.
Google’s and Amazons chiefs are a billion dollars higher than one another, with 32 and 31 billion, which sees Jeff Bezos and Sergey Brin each one spot above Zuckerberg.
Top ten richest people in the world by Forbes
1. Bill Gates (76 bn.) was the number one richest man in the world for the fifteen of the last 20 years. Previous four years, Mexican mogul Carlos Slim was holding to that spot, but this year, Gates took over again, as Slims mines and Telecom Company slipped down a bit.
2. Carlos Slim (72bn) slipped down to become the world’s second richest man, as the shares of his mining company fell more than 50%.
3. Amancio Ortega (64bn). The Inditex’s former chairman still holds 60% of its stocks, and Zara still does well on the market.
4. Warren Buffet (58.2 bn). The world’s richest investor still rules the stock market, even in his nineties.
5. Larry Ellison (48bn) is the founder of Oracle – a California based computer and technology corporation – thanks to its good deals is the fifth richest man in the world.
6. Charles and David Koch (each 40bn), the owners of Koch industries are the richest brothers in the world.
7. Sheldon Adelson (38bn) is one of the richest people in the world and after 7 years among top ten, as the shares of his casinos grew more than all other American casinos together
8. Christy Walton (36.7bn) is the world’s richest woman. She is the daughter in law of the wall mart founder, Sam Walton. After her husband died tragically in the place crash, she got half a billion of dividends from wall mart.
9. Jim Walton (34.7bn) is the youngest Sam Walton’s son, whom the 6% gain in the wall mart shares pushed to the world’s top richest people.
10. Liliane Bettencourt (34.5bn) is only a former inheritor of L’Oreal, but in her tenth decade of life her wealth grew thanks to the rise of the shares she has.
Dear traders, please trade. Maby one day you will be on this list.